Friday 3 October 2014

Baby Pinks FMS 156

When I saw this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, I initially thought of entirely using my Kinda Eclectic set but then my eyes fell on the baby stamp set I bought at Spotlight last week. So I got to thinking of baby cards. Maybe it was a case of wishful thinking, since I think my grandma years are still a way away yet!

Here is the lovely sketch by Narelle Farrugia.
And here's my first ever baby card. 



I kept as much as possible to soft curves and circles to add to the feeling of softness and femininity. I edged the cut shapes with early espresso marker pen to give them more definition and to help tie the pieces together. I layered two butterflies to give more sense of movement. The two colours predominantly used, Blushing Bride and Soft Suede have worked well together. The Soft Suede helps prevent the pink becoming too saccharine.

Ingredients
Paper: Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Kaisercraft Pitter Patter DSP
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Stamps: SU Kinda Eclectic and Papillon Potpourri, Kaisercraft Pitter Patter clear stamps.
Other: Corner rounder punch, Martha Stewart Lace edge punch, Nellies Doily Die, Circle framelits, Butterfly Punch, Heart punch, Kaisercraft Pearls (Blush), scrap of embroidery floss, old shirt button, Early Espresso marker to outline edges, dimensionals bits to support the wings.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable baby card! Love that image and the softness of your card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your soft colors - the suede is a great choice with the pink. The pretty butterfly is just right on a baby card. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete