Sunday 5 October 2014

Melancholy Birds Challenge #94

I stumbled upon CAS - Colour and Sketches in time for the release of challenge #94, a super colour challenge using two of my favourites, Crumb Cake and Lost Lagoon and a colour I've never used before, Soft Sky. Such a sweet colour, I can't believe it has languished at the bottom of my Subtles collection box, unused for this long.


To me, the colours spoke of a soft, whimsical, slightly melancholy mood so I've ended up with a sympathy card or illness/hardship card.


And a peek inside


Using the Soft Sky as the basis for the card front instead of white help to add to the softness of the mood. Sponging Crumb Cake onto the Soft Sky circle worked well to give a sandy ground to the birds. Initially I had not thought to stamp the plant in behind the circle but doing so both helped to ground it and balanced the greeting below the strip.

Update: This card was selected in the Top 3 for this challenge.

Ingredients
Paper: Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Whisper White (inside)
Ink: Lost Lagoon and Crumb Cake
Stamps: SU Wetlands and SU Dozen Thoughts
Other: Circle Framelits, Dimensionals, Lost Lagoon ribbon




4 comments:

  1. Jan, this card is just all-around terrific! I agree with you that using Soft Sky for the main panel softens the look of the card. The sponged sand is perfect. Thanks so much for participating in our color challenge at CAS - Colours & Sketches! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me which circle punches you used on this beautiful card? This is just lovely! Thanks so much, Alicia

    ReplyDelete