Monday 19 January 2015

Post 100: Paper Players 226

The hundredth post seems quite a milestone and it's fitting that Post 100 of this blog is for the Paper Players, as the very first time I ever got a card picked was for  Cut Above at Paper Players challenge 210 in August last year. As it was only the fourth card I'd ever entered in a challenge anywhere, it felt pretty special.

This week, the challenge is to create a CAS card where the sentiment is the focal point.



 The underneath 'happy' is in Night of Navy and offset with the Calypso Coral to create a shadow effect. The 'birthday' is from Altenew Label Love set, which was one of the first things I bought from USA when I discovered internet shopping. I used Gorgeous Grunge and the rain splats from French Foliage in Calypso Coral and Marina Mist to create the ground. I was looking for a kind of fireworks/happy explosion effect. 

I'm pretty happy with the overall result - it looks celebratory but also looks very clean.

Ingredients
Card: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Calypso Coral
Stamps: SU Gorgeous Grunge, SU French Foliage, Altenew Label Love
Ink: Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Marina Mist
Other: Die-namics Happy Birthday


3 comments:

  1. Definitely a celebratory card that will mark the occasion for someone special! I love your color choices. Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players CAS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! What a fun card, love the little splatters, and your sentiment is BIG AND BOLD! Love how you layered it too! Thanks for participating in my challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card - it fits the challenge criteria perfectly! I love the layered sentiment and just the right amount of background splatter. Thanks for playing along with our CAS sentiment challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete