Sunday 29 March 2015

Pals Paper Arts 245

Today is the final of the World Cup Cricket, which is cause for great excitement and anticipation in our house. As it's also going to be a social occasion, watching with friends, it will send me to the kitchen. But I just had to find time to do something for the enticing sketch at Pals Paper Arts.




I used the chevron thinlit die that comes with the Circle Card thinlit set. It was quite tricky to cut it a second time and get it straight and get it evenly spaced. I was beginning to wish for a chevron border punch but it only took two tries in the end. Then I inlaid red cut from Christmas card scraps from a few years ago - no idea what it was. After popping the sentiment up on dimensionals, it still looked a bit lacking in zing. Casting my eye around my craft desk, I spied the star confetti punch. That's where I got the matching stars from. Good result but pesky things to attach!

In the end, a good card for a male teen, which was what I was after.

Ingredients
Card: Black, Whisper White, scraps of unknown red.
Stamp: Altenew Label Love
Ink: Black Stazon
Other: Chevron thinlit, Star Confetti border punch, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Ooh - I love it! I always forget about the cute accents that come with the circle and frame card thinlits! Great job keeping to the CAS style of the sketch too. Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the retro style and color of the card. I don't know why, but when I see it I think of a 50's diner. Maybe I'm hungry. =) You nailed the sketch! Thank you for playing with Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete