Monday 11 May 2015

CAS Colours and Sketches 123

I've played at CAS Colours and Sketches quite a few times now and always enjoy their challenges - thank you team! This week, it's colour week and it's an unusual combination to me - not colours I'd have thought of combining.


It's autumn here in New Zealand, so the colours made me think of the earth and leaves, endings and beginnings.  The weekend was glorious autumn weather and the trees are an absolute picture at the moment, although quite a few have lost their leaves so winter is coming.




I have to confess to not owning Tangerine Tango so I've used the closest thing I have, which is Tangelo Twist.

French Foliage was the third SU set I ever got and I still love it. The rain splatter from the set gets a lot of use as it's so versatile. I put in a few tangelo splats in to help lead the eye down to the sentiment.

The centre panel is made the focal point through the frame, the colour, by being raised up and the sponging around the edge. This is echoed with a very light sponging around the edge of the white rectangle, just to add a touch of definition and to help tie the colours together.

In the end, I felt really pleased with the result and could see myself using these colours together again.

Ingredients
Card: Whisper White, Soft Suede
Stamps: SU French Foliage and A Dozen Thoughts
Inks: Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Tangelo Twist
Other: Dimensionals, sponge dauber

5 comments:

  1. Strange to think of your approaching Autumn when we're looking forward to Summer here - always catches me out. Gorgeous card and I love how the frame really focusses the eye. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card with it's soft autumnal stamping. My eldest daughter has just arrived in New Zealand as part of a seven month backpacking tour. She seems to have done the most amazing things and I can't wait for her to come home. Thanks for sharing at CC&S this week Jan. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she's in the South Island at the moment, it will be picturesque. Between the trees and the snow on the mountains, it's lovely at this time of year. Prince Harry is here at the moment and is causing a lot of hearts to flutter!

      Delete
  3. This is lovely Jan....and a perfect image for a 'thoughtful' card :)
    Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-Colours and Sketches :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The challenge colors seem just perfect for your autumn leaves! I like how you've spotlighted the orange one. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S - I always enjoy seeing your creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete