Sunday 9 August 2015

As You See It 99

It's funny how when I sit down to do a one-layer card challenge, I'm often stumped for ideas but when I'd finished this card, I realised how easily it could have been a single layer.

This card was inspired by the utterly fabulous colours at this week's As You See It challenge.


As I don't have any Bermuda Bay, I have sneaked in with the closest match I had: Coastal Cabana. The trickiest thing was to get the colours in the masked column to blend without a harsh line but without forming an unpleasant sludge. I do love the vibrancy of these colours and in this combination. Great choice by Desiree!




I'm also entering this card into the "Anything Goes" challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Update: So delighted to be Featured Artist at As You See It Challenge!

Ingredients
Card: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana (standing in for Bermuda Bay)
Stamps: SU Summer Silhouettes and Awesomely Artistic, Clearly Besotted Say it in Style
Ink: Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder, Coastal Cabana, Black
Other: sponges, masking tape

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card. I love the design. You have done a great job with the blending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and your blending is always so perfect, what is your secret????

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, Jan! I love how you've blended the colours in the masked column! And the dragonfly works so well with the Summer Silhouettes! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at As You See It Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Jan! Love your design and choice of elements! Really beautiful color combo, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete