Saturday 28 November 2015

Try Stampin' on Tuesday and Inkspire Me 226

It's been almost two weeks since I made a card. I had a marvellous girls' weekend away with a friend last weekend and the Christmas season social whirl has begun. Despite all the good things keeping me out of my craft room, I was itching to get back in today.

The card I've made today is for two challenges: this week's sketch at Try Stampin' on Tuesday, which was a sketch with an optional twist of 'Peace on Earth,' and the Christmas special: Frosty Forest at Inkspire Me.






The ornament is mounted on two plain blue layers that create just a hint of shadow behind the frosty forest scene, as well as adding dimension. Adding in the 'peace' over two levels turned out to be a problem. Packing layers underneath the letters that were off the ornament didn't work. So plan B was to mount the die cut words onto clear acetate and that worked really well. 

Update: So pleased to be a Top 3 Pick at Try Stampin on Tuesday

Ingredients
Card: Night of Navy, Whisper White, clear acetate
Stamps: Festival of Trees, Holly Jolly Greetings
Ink: Night of Navy, Pool Party, Silver, Versamark
Dies: Delicate Ornaments framelits, Christmas Greetings thinlits
Other: Softly Falling embossing folder, Silver washi tape from last year's holiday catalogue, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Silver cording trim, Night of Navy marker to colour cut edges, dimensionals, sponges, post-it notes.








12 comments:

  1. Wow, your card is absolutly beautiful and I felt in love at first glance. Thank you for joining our In{k}spire_me Challenge, ela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really adorable! I love the white embossing! Thank you so much for playing Inkspire_me this week! Greetings from Bavaria, Kirstin

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card. love the entire design. thanks for sharing and participating in the challenge at Try Stampin on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea to stamp the trees on the Ornament! Thank you for joining us at Inkspire me. Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Love how you used the Try Stampin' On Tuesday sketch! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, this card is absolutely stunning, elegant, peaceful and everything all rolled into one. What a unique idea creating a "scene" on the ornament. Just gorgeous. So glad you joined us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for such a wonderful comment!

      Delete
  7. I'm so impressed with this beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing it. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love this idea! Looks really great! Thanks for joining us at IN{K}SPIRE_me this week! ~ Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your card, Jan! It is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Try Stampin' or not on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love every single thing about it! Thank you so much for joining us at Try Stampin' Or Not On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete