Sunday 20 December 2015

Try Stampin' on Tuesday 249

One of the many great things about the Christmas holidays is the time to do craft things. So today, after a bunch of jobs like cleaning the pool and scrubbing down the bbq area, it was time to play.

I liked the look of the sketch over at Try Stampin' on Tuesday, so went with a summery idea for that.


The sketch has the optional twist of 'holiday card' but having posted all my cards, I was feeling a bit over holiday cards. Instead, I've gone for one of those all-purpose types of cards that it's always handy to have around. 'Best wishes' covers a lot of possibilities!




The background was stamped with an acrylic block and then flicked with water before I stamped the garden scene. The butterflies are watercoloured with Watermelon Wonder and highlighted with white gel pen, as are the flower centres.

Update: So delighted to have this card make the Top 3 at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Ingredients
Card: Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, watercolour paper
Stamps: SU Summer Silhouette, Papillon Potpourri, Hardwood, W&W Big, Bold and Party, Acrylic block
Inks: Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Tuxedo Black, Black Stazon.
Other: Watermelon Wonder lacy ribbon, Circle framelits, Elegant Butterfly punch, Itty Bitty Butterfly punch, Pearls, dimensionals, white gel pen, sponges

3 comments:

  1. All-purpose cards are so handy to have!!! Love your background on the focal floral image! I love these new in-color colors on your card. thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, I'm so glad that I read your color combo because I was thinking Mint Macaron and Calypso Coral - but Watermelon Wonder it is and it's a great color combination! It's perfect for all occasion, which are always nice to keep around. Thank you for joining us again at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week - errr last week, I'm a bit late on my comments! : ) Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is gorgeous! Love that watercolor background! Thanks so much for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete