Saturday 13 February 2016

As You See It 123 - DT

My card for this week's swirls theme challenge at As You See It is the result of a serendipitous expedition to Warehouse Stationery and a video from Jennifer McGuire.


Warehouse Stationery was awash with back-to-school specials and I really only went in for some tape but I found a lovely swirly embossing folder and a metallic Perfect Pearls kit. The latter was cause for excitement as I've wanted Perfect Pearls for a long time but no local shop ever had it and each time I tried online it was out of stock. Once I had it, I re-watched Jennifer McGuire's tutorial on using Perfect Pearls to create a faux metal look. Here is the result.





I picked out some of the colours from the challenge photo and blended them together on a piece of Whisper White, applied Perfect Pearls and buffed it. After embossing it in the Garden Frames embossing folder I mounted it onto black card stock. I die cut four black and one white 'thanks', chosen because it was the swirliest word I have, and stacked the black ones. I offset the top white one slightly to create a shadow effect then applied it to the card. The white looked a little lonely so I added in the little flowers.

Ingredients
Card: Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks: Distress Inks Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac
Other: Couture Creations Garden Frame embossing folder, Perfect Pearls powder, Hello You thinlit die, Itty Bitty Punch, Perfect Plum candy dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment