Monday 8 February 2016

Global Design Project 21

Ok, so it's a public holiday and... it's raining. That's actually a cause for celebration given how hot and dry it's been recently but really it could have waited one day longer. I was at my desk, trying to work out something else when I was reminded of the challenging colour challenge at the Global Design Project.

So putting aside the project I'd been working on, and getting right outside my comfort zone, I started on this tweeny/teeny/girly card.



My brand new, just out of the packet Melon Mambo ink pad gave me some troubles - so new and juicy that it was hard to get a good crisp stamp from it - but we came to an understanding after a couple of practices. This card is a real mix of new and old. It's the first outing not only for the ink pad but also the Perfectly Artistic DSP from the Sale-a-Bration catalogue. Making an appearance in the "old stuff" category are the Confetti Stars border punch and the Star stencil.

And finished just in time to sneak in under the deadline for this challenge. Now, back to my original project....

Ingredients
Card: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Perfectly Artistic DSP, scrap of Wisteria Wonder.
Stamps: Hello!
Inks: Bermuda Bay, Wisteria Wonder, Melon Mambo
Other: Confetti Stars border punch, small Banner punch, Star stencil from Hearts and Stars, sponges, stamp'n'write markers to colour cut edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment