Friday 14 October 2016

Global Design Project 57

The wonderful colour challenge at Global Design Project has stuck with me ever since I saw it earlier in the week.



Over the last few days, I've mentally designed several cards and mentally experimented with three new techniques but when I sat down to actually turn one of these ideas into reality, the colours seemed to have a mind of their own. In the end, I didn't do anything really fancy. I just let those delicious colours speak for themselves in the company of a stamp set I've really under-utilized: Number of Years.


The stamps lend themselves to an impressionistic approach so I've used double strength Blushing Bride in places to give more illusion of depth as single strength pink recedes quickly into the background.



Ingredients
Card: Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaron, Whisper White
Stamps: Number of Years
Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride
Other: Mint Macaron Washi Tape (from Affectionately Yours), Blushing Bride baker's twine, pearls, dimensionals.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely Jan ... great idea to use double strength Blushing Bride. Works really well with this loose sort of stamp set. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the rich dazzle berry shines against the delicacy of the other colours - they look almost cloud or mist like. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, your work is always lovely. This is a beautiful, soft and pretty card for the GDP this week. Thank you so much for playing along. Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Louise for your kind words.

      Delete
  4. Oh Jan this is gorgeous!Thanks for joining in with us at the Global Design Project x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, Jan. I've not used these stamps nearly enough either, but you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete