Sunday 15 January 2017

Global Design Project 69

Today's card is also an experiment. What happens if the white space stops being white? For inspiration, I used the colour challenge at Global Design Project.


I've recently made a card in Hello Honey, grey and black. I thought it was a smart and stylish combination so I chose black as my third colour in this challenge to echo that.



And on the inside...


I like the crisp feel and the way the embossed black background takes on the look of pressed tin. To keep it more masculine, I resisted the urge to add a scattering of sequins. Note to self: go for a dark background more often - the result can be a more dramatic card.

Ingredients
Card: Basic Black, Delightful Dijon, Silver foil, Whisper White (inside)
Stamps: Big on Birthdays, Dragonfly Dreams
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Delightful Dijon (inside)
Other: Detailed Dragonfly thinlits, Sparkle embossing folder, Silver metallic thread, metallic shapes, dimensionals
 All products Stampin' Up






1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is great Jan. The "black" space has so much impact! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project and good luck with the Guest Artist pick.

    ReplyDelete