Tuesday 28 February 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge 57 - DT Card

This week at Retro Rubber we have a colour inspiration photo to get your creative juices flowing.
Use the colours from this photo to inspire you, making sure that you use at least one stamp that's more than a year old. Don't forget to tell us how old your stamp is in your post.


This was tricky at first because I couldn't get past the science experiment look of the photo but, of course, once I focussed on just the colours things got a lot easier. Such bright, vibrant colours: primary colours plus green and including two shades of blue... a sweet combination to work with.



When I first discovered internet shopping for stamps in 2015, I discovered Clearly Besotted. This balloon birthday celebration set,  Make a Wish, was the first I bought from them.


I pieced together strips of paper in the colours matching the balloons to make the side panel and I'm happy with how that turned out.


So please, dig out your old stamps and give them a turn with this colour challenge. Don't forget to tell us how old your stamps are. You have until 10 March to join us and we'd love to see what you do.

Ingredients
Card: Whisper White, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Tempting Turquoise, Cucumber Crush.
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Make A Wish
Inks: Cucumber Crush, Tempting Turquoise, Night of Navy, Real Red, Daffodil Delight.
Other: Black 0.5mm pen, Real Red twine, dimensionals







10 comments:

  1. Jan, you get the paper-piecing award for that incredible border! Wow!! Your balloons are great idea for the color inspiration. I don't know if you can call this card CAS but it sure has the wonderful effect of one. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, that border is amazing!! I love the balloons too, I am slightly obsessed with balloons right now. Such a striking card that is totally perfect for both girls and boys. I think the red twine is genius, looks like the balloons are tied to it. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Totally awesome card design, so love the vibrance you have created with the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Jan!! that paper piecing border is AMAZING!!! Perfectly even stripes of this vivid challenge colors, beautifully done my dear. Now, you main panel with those bright, floating balloons is just fabulous, a happy and fun birthday card, I wonder who is the lucky person who will receive it?
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. I surprised myself with how even that border came out. Must be the ex-maths teacher in me!

      Delete
  5. Jan, I am clearly besotted by your card! It is crisp, clean, bright and cheery! And, clearly, the pieced panel matching the balloons is a hit with everyone! I have not gone back to my SU stamps sets to see if I have balloon images that would work, but I intend to try it! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-) Thanks Katy. I did wonder if it would work with Balloon Celebrations but that might just miss being a year old since it was in last year's Occasions. The paper pieced panel happened by accident because I seldom use Brights and have very few embellishments in those colours. It seemed a good idea but one that would only work if the execution was spot on. Fortunately, the measurements worked out as planned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dimension you created! That sentiment stamp rocks! Wish I owned that! Your card is so inspiring!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--what a fun, festive card!

    ReplyDelete